Campus Housing at APU
the office of residence life comes alongside undergraduate students as they choose campus housing, move into apu’s living communities, and find a place that they will call “home” during their time at apu. our staff aims to ensure students have appropriate campus housing options, provides logistical support—housing assignments, issuing keys and furniture, and maintaining student housing records—and offers programming and encouragement to help students make the most of their residential experience at apu.
Fall 2020 Housing Guidelines
As APU pivots to remote learning this fall, Housing will be closed for the Fall 2020 semester. Although the majority of students will study away from campus during the semester, Residence Life has developed a thorough plan to provide student housing for those with extenuating circumstances or for those receiving education in professions deemed essential to the nation’s recovery from the pandemic, including healthcare, that have necessary in-person components. For more information, view our Fall 2020 Housing Guidelines.
- Explore APU’s residence halls and apartments.
- Learn about the housing requirement and how to sign up for campus housing.
- Find the answers to frequently asked questions.
- View our check-in and check-out guidelines.
- Review the campus housing policies.
The Office of Residence Life is located in Engstrom Hall2020欧洲杯在线平台 on East Campus.
If you are a graduate, international or ALCI graduate, married undergraduate, or other nontraditional student, visit the Office of Asset Management to learn about noncampus housing options available to you.
Living on Campus
2020欧洲杯在线平台living in residence at azusa pacific university carries with it distinct privileges and responsibilities. students who reside in campus housing benefit from living in a community with peers, and as a result, take responsibility for caring for one another in a cooperative and communicative fashion. through enriching experiences and opportunities, students build friendships and learn to navigate healthy interpersonal relationships.
Residence Life activities are designed to address the physical, emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, and vocational needs of residents while supporting their academic experience at APU. For this reason, full-time, new students2020欧洲杯在线平台 are expected to live in an APU residence unless they request an exemption. Students who in the residence halls are required to choose from a variety of dining plans.
5 Benefits of Living in Campus Housing
Campus housing is often the nicest, more affordable, and more holistically beneficial option for college students. Here are five reasons you should consider living in campus housing.
Residents must respect and comply with lifestyle expectations and all university and Residence Life policies and procedures. Residents are also responsible for:
- Obeying local, community, state, and federal authorities.
- Reading and adhering to the rules and regulations outlined in the current APU Undergraduate Student Handbook, as well as those in the university catalog.
- Their guests’ actions.
- Different types of living environments are available for students, including traditional residence halls and self-contained apartments. Several on-campus living communities are accessible to students with disabilities.
- Each living area strives to provide living-learning programs based on the needs of its residents.
- Each residence hall is managed by a residence director (RD), who serves as a liaison between residents and the university community. RDs are trained to assist students in making choices that support their success in the college experiences.
- The apartment living areas are managed by a combination of area coordinators (ACs) and assistant residence directors (ARDs). The Corridor (Alosta Place, Bowles, Shire, and University Park) has an AC who directs an ARD in each area, while the Village has an AC and multiple ARDs. Each ARD is trained to support the residents in their span of care.
- Each subcommunity in residence halls and apartments is directed by a residence advisor (RA) who is available as a counselor and resource. RAs also assist in orienting students to the living areas and campus, and help plan diverse programs that promote a sense of community.